March 30, 2011

Trollkin Runeshapers

My first completed infantry unit! It took me about a week to get the three models painted. Standard tartan and basing (for me). I painted the arms and weapons separately and assembled the models after painting, taking some care to clean up or paint over the gloss finish left by excess glue.

The “leader”, the model with the circle of stones and his hands thrown up in the air, was a pain to assemble and paint. The stones are multi-part metal and heavy, which made getting them glued into position without falling over difficult. In addition, I couldn’t paint the leader with the stones in the way. After painting both separately, I lost a fair amount of the paint on his kilt and the stones trying to fit the model into its base. Despite the time and effort involved, I’m rather pleased with the results.

You can see my Dire Troll Mauler lurking, half-painted, in the background. He’s desperate to have his shading done, but my next goal (haven’t flipped the coin yet) is either a completed Krielstone Bearer and Stone Scribes or a completed Trollkin Fennblades unit (so much painting).

Use the force, Luke?

No comments: